Understand Deployments and how to perform rolling updates and rollbacks
- Understand deployments
- Rolling Update Deployment
- Rollback To
- Execute 3 rolling updates and then rollback to deployment version 1.
Know various ways to configure applications
- Managing resources
- deployment change – things like image version change, port change, replica set count
- Here is example to use replication controller rolling updates by doing change in the config file and replica set count
- TODO – is there more?
Know how to scale applications
- Scale replica sets
- Scale deployments
- Autoscaling (optinal?)
- Scale deployment with kubectl
- Scale replica set with kubectl
Understand the primitives necessary to create a self-healing application
- Kubernetes is self-healing
- Self-healing as a feature of Kubernetes
- TODO: is there a better resource for this topic?